Style Statement Inc. a new lifestyle brand, promotes personal growth, celebrates authenticity, and inspires people to live fulfilling lives.
Track star, designer, and personal lifestyle guide Carrie McCarthy founded Style Statement Inc. and co-authored the best selling Style Statement book in 2008 (published by Little Brown). She has helped over 1,500 people, from well-known celebrities to the guy next door, create and apply Style Statements to their lives.
Style Statement, is an intimate process of self-revelation and empowerment. Through a 90-minute interview and an incredible bestselling book, people around the world are using their two-word Style Statements as a guide for life. With Style Statement, you embrace yourself and nurture your unique style and creative edge.
A Style Statement gives you the power and direction to live the life you’ve always dreamed of. You’ll have far fewer “What was I thinking?” moments. Authenticity is magnetic, efficient and effective. When you are consistently being your truth—from your wardrobe to your wellness plan, you quite literally become a force of nature. True style is holistic.
Check out Style Statement FAQs
Does this sound like you?
You care about style. You care about spirituality.
You know that true beauty is much more profound than the way it’s marketed in most advertising and by most companies.
You want change and meaning, and you want to improve yourself and, by extension, the world around you.
You know real style is transformative and powerful, and you know it is in you, even though it might be a little buried.
Welcome to Style Statement. It’s for you.
How Is Style Statement Relevant?
Our days brim with choices, including the food we eat, the clothes we wear, the way we express ourselves, and the work we do. This can be exciting, but it has a downside: we can become overwhelmed or lost when faced with so many choices and lose sight of what we truly want and what sets us apart and makes us uniquely beautiful and interesting.
Style Statement is about simplifying our lives. It’s about looking at our true longings and desires, reassessing our direction, and making choices based only on what we need to be our whole selves. Clothing choices, creativity expressions, communities of friends, relationships, inspirations, and ways of living and working that bring out the best in us and push us to higher levels of fulfillment and presence in the world.
Style Statement is relevant because we have one life … and the choices we make about how we show up in it can make the difference between a so-so life and an extraordinary one.
Who makes it happen?
Carrie McCarthy – Refined Treasure
Five things I’m committed to:
- Teaching people to live by their own design
- Being a loving and present wife and mamma
- Creating beauty that is meaningful
- Asking questions and listening
- Creating a profitable business
Five things I’m grateful for:
- The gift of being a mother at age 50
- My brother’s generosity – he’s the strength and guide in our family
- My impeccable eye - it gives me joy, provides abundance, and is appreciated
- Dark chocolate
- Pema Chödrön, for her straightforward and practical spiritual teachings
Five things I’m proud of:
- Transformation from a judgmental and critical young woman to a kind, compassionate woman who’s a work in progress
- Creating Style Statement
- My tenacity and courage to think outside the box — I sent a beautiful package instead of a two-page query letter to a top literary agent and, voliá, became a client.
- Receiving a six-figure book deal from a major New York publishing company
- Being featured in Vogue magazine
- OK six things I’m proud of! Ranking second best in Canada for my track & field event