How did you arrive at your Style Statement?
I loved the experience of my Style Statement session, I loved answering probing questions. I was surprisingly moved with the end result: Elegant Invitation. I cried!
Is there a specific event, goal, or desire you’re applying your Style Statement to?
We just bought a new house. I’m using it to create the mood of my home. I want people to feel welcome (invited) in my house but I also like a certain level of minimalism.
What does your Style Statement mean to you?
I think I am more elegant than I thought. I certainly have elegant taste! I also know I am more inviting than I think, certainly in conversation, in social settings. But I also cherish privacy and alone time. I am rarely alone with a husband, 2 teenagers and 2 cats in my home. In work I want everything I present to the public to be elegant but always an invitation to work with me as well. Often, the 2 words seem to be opposites of each other.
How has your Style Statement been useful to you? How do you apply it to your life?
- I use it in branding myself as a realtor, from photos of me in a classic white shirt and silver earrings to my web site which has elegant font and the invitation to visit and learn about all things real estate.
- I drive a 1999 Mercedes (not too new and flashy but always an elegant brand!)
- I favour clothes in neutral colours and classic lines, styles that are everlasting, like high waisted trousers that Katherine Hepburn always wore. If only I could find a pair!!
What do you like to be noticed and appreciated for?
I like to be noticed for a beautiful garden. I like to be appreciated for caring for my clients.
What inspires you?
I am inspired by wonderful writing. I know I am inspired when I say “WOW” or I cry. Total opposites I know.
If you could only wear one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be?
The one outfit I would wear for the rest of my life would be super comfy, really flattering jeans, a tight white T-shirt and ked runners, no socks.
Describe your dream home?
My dream home is on the ocean with a huge deck on the front and a beautiful garden in the back. It would be post and beam with windows all across the front. And it would be LEED certified with solar panels and water barrels and all the other attributes that make it super energy efficient.
How do you play?
I don’t know if I do. At least not lately. I work, I work out, I work at home cleaning up. A week away is playful. Shopping with my girl friends mid week, mid day is play because I feel like I am playing hookie!
Three Books That Have Inspired You?
Six Things you love…
- A new white t-shirt
- My wedding ring
- An unread new book
- An early spring walk though my garden looking at new shoots
- An oil painting – self portrait by my daughter done at age five
- Coffee Haagen-daz ice cream