Feeling as thought you have nothing to wear and yet have a closet full of clothes. As our Manifesto of Style states Commit to Quality and it Commits to You.
What can you do to insure your wardrobe inspires and reflects you?
1. Do the math – Why buy twice when you can buy once? You buy three pairs of shoes you find on sale. You feel like “they’ll do.” One loses its heel, one pair is uncomfortable, and you never wear the third pair. Total cost: about $300, which you may as well have donated to the Salvation Army, because that’s where those shoes are headed anyway. Or, you buy one pair of shoes made of Italian leather that fit you to perfection. Total cost: about $400. And every single time you wear them—which will be many times, because they will last for years—you feel great. You feel high-quality. You feel like you—and it shows.
2. Love it or Leave it. Wrong fit = wrong purchase. Keep moving, keep looking for the one clothing line that’s made for your body shape. ps – it takes homework and time to feel and look good.
3. Buy for the present! Some pieces look great on the hanger, in a magazine, or on your sister but make sure each piece you add to your wardrobe is right for you. Don’t make purchases with the intention of loosing 5 pounds, thinking maybe one day someday it will work. Those are mistakes!
4. Resale. Don’t be worried you might tire of a piece and the cost may not be worth it. Quality pieces stand the test of time, consider selling them to that fashionista friend of yours or on sites like Ebay.
5. Commit to Quality and it Commits to You. Quality clothing eliminates stress and adds ease to your daily wardrobe choices. You deserve to feel like the best version of yourself!
Whatever you’re looking for, hold out for the best and treat it well when you find it. I’m holding out for the right purse – chic, functional without a big designer label, any suggestions?
Photo Credit: The Soul behind Tod’s Shoes